What Is WorldHost?
WorldHost is an internationally recognised programme that brings about a new industry benchmark which businesses and their operators can use to ensure that high quality customer service standards are integral to their operation. It has already been used to train over 10 per cent of Scotland’s tourism workforce and represents an investment of over £2million since it was launched in Scotland.
It was also the programme chosen to train 200,000 front-line hospitality and tourism staff across the UK ahead of a series of international sporting and cultural events including the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, the 2014 Ryder Cup and Commonwealth Games, and the 2015 Rugby World Cup.
Moray Speyside WorldHost Recognition Project
Moray Chamber is committed to supporting the local businesses involved in the tourism industry which depend upon excellent customer service.
Moray Speyside Tourism is leading the roll out of the initiative across Moray, under its Tourism and Culture Group.
The collective goal is to have Moray Speyside awarded with WorldHost Regional Destination status. To achieve this we need 25% of Moray businesses to achieve WorldHost recognition, and with three local towns already achieving destination status, we are well on our way.
How do local businesses get on board with the WorldHost intiative?
Simply by 50% of customer facing staff successfully completing WorldHost training and becoming accredited. The wide range of training courses are delivered by fully certified WorldHost training facilitators. These courses are held locally, and are held at times to suit your business requirements.
Your business can then apply, entirely free of charge, to be awarded WorldHost Business Recognition.
Once you achieve WorldHost recognition standards, you will be sent an official certificate and sticker to show off in your business and a badge for you to display on your website.
When customers see your WorldHost Recognised Business logo, they will know that you have made an investment in giving them a great experience, and that your staff will give them the attention and service that they deserve.
What are the benefits of becoming a WorldHost Recognised Business?
- Be able to display the WorldHost recognition logo to your customers and on your website – you can even purchase a plaque to take pride of place in your business
- Have your business promoted on WorldHost’s website as one of the best places to visit for a warm welcome
- Create a PR opportunity for your business – let your local media and Moray Chamber know that you’ve been recognised for great service
- Develop a culture of excellent service in your business by ensuring all your staff are trained in the art of customer care
- Give your staff the opportunity to achieve a nationally-recognised qualification in customer service, building their motivation and loyalty
- Show your team that you are willing to invest in their development – and a happy team means happy customers
What Moray Speyside is doing to support local businesses regarding WorldHost?
Moray Speyside Tourism has negotiated a price reduction of the training costs, and can additionally offer access to funding, which reduces the cost to local businesses significantly. For example, the Principles of Customer Service – 1 day training course, which normally costs £95.00 per participant, is currently available to your business colleagues at £35.00 subject to subsidy criteria.
And we’re delighted to say that we, The Moray Chamber of Commerce, have been awarded WorldHost Business Recognition, so please join us! All the details to enquire and sign up for courses can be found by clicking here.