Grampian Covid 19 Assistance Hub
The Grampian Local Resilience Partnership (GLRP) has agreed the establishment of a Humanitarian Assistance Centre (HAC). However it is to be known as Grampian COVID 19 Assistance Hub (GCAH). It is to deliver Care for People and Community Resilience under one banner. This is being led by Derek McGowan (Aberdeen City)
There is a single helpline number 08081963384
Benefit & Aim:
• Ensure a seamless multi-agency approach, to care for people, at all times.
• Act as a focal point for information and assistance for those affected by the emergency, including survivors and the bereaved.
• Offer access to, and guidance on, services available to allow people to make informed choices according to their needs.
Our wish is to use local, smaller businesses to assist us in helping our communities whilst keeping the revenue within the three local economies.
This request is to assist in a key part of the coordination of the volunteer process: from request to delivery. It is specific to the financial transaction element. GCAH will pay the business providing the goods at the time of the transaction and the councils will recoup the monies from the individuals from within their council area at a later date.
We require help with the following from you:
• Identify within your area willing participant businesses (medical suppliers, grocery shops, fuel providers, pet shops and hardware.)
• Collate and pass to us their name, product or service type and contact details
• Please send any queries or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
From the businesses themselves what we are asking:
• To sign up to become a supplier of goods to the GCAH.
• Grampian Covid 19 Assistance Hub ‘Resource Allocator’ staff will make payments to individual businesses via a phone with a credit card at time of volunteer collecting goods.
• To take part please go to https://bit.ly/2Uwtw44 or our website at www.gcah.org.uk and click on the ‘Register your business’ button and fill in the form.
• To keep data of each purchase, each purchase will have a unique reference number, to file receipt with the unique reference number marked on and collate daily or weekly. Send to GCAH group for Vat reclaim and audit purposes by Aberdeenshire Council who are managing the process on behalf of the GCAH.
• Further information can be supplied on the process once businesses are signed up or e mail email@example.com
• Go Live took place on Monday 30th March therefore we need businesses urgently on our database to match with individuals in need and volunteers.