Many of our members have reached out to us to seek advice, help or support with regards to Coronavirus. We understand that it is not only staffing that is a concern but contracts / sales / orders, cash flow, supply chain etc. As the impact of the pandemic is changing daily, we understand that it is difficult to get all of the correct advice and plan accordingly.
By being a member of Moray Chamber of Commerce, you have access to regional, national, and international businesses. If you are coming up against an issue or problem, or would like to learn how other businesses are dealing with certain elements of COVID-19, please complete the form below and we can seek to get the answer for you from our ever-growing network.
We understand the rural challenges that Moray faces and a pandemic such as this could isolate us, we urge you to work together and support where you can. There is a high risk of many businesses laying off staff or closing their doors and we want Moray to come together as a community to help all of our businesses, regardless of sector or size, to survive this.
We’ve signposted a variety of websites below which we will be monitoring daily.
SCOTTISH GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC DOCUMENT – this will be voted on by parliament w/c 26th October, and then Moray will be allocated a tier. You can view the document here
BUSINESS HARDSHIP FUND OPENS
The Scottish Government announced £40 million in funding for businesses and employees in Scotland affected by the temporary coronavirus (COVID-19) brake restrictions that came into effect from 9 October 2020.
The purpose of this fund is to provide hardship relief to:
- Hospitality businesses and gyms unable to operate group classes who are required by the regulations to operate in a restricted way;
- Producers/wholesale business supplying primarily perishable supplies to hospitality businesses required by the regulations to close or operate in a restricted way, and who are able to evidence a 25% reduction in turnover during the brake period
Allocation of funding
- Eligible businesses with a Rateable Value (RV) up to and including £51,000 will receive a grant of £1,000
- Eligible businesses with a Rateable Value (RV) of over £51,000 will receive a grant of £1,500
Eligible businesses operating multiple premises will receive a grant of up to £10,000
- Closing date Tue 3rd Nov at 5pm
DOWNLOAD THE WINTER ECONOMY PLAN SUMMARY HERE
Please click a title to be redirected to the most up to date information:
Guidance from Scottish Government re Social Distancing for Businesses
Advice line for Scottish businesses
Rates & Grant information
UK Government website
Scottish Government website
Government website – employer and business guidance
Business Support Finder
Travel Health Pro
Do you have a question? Ask it here and we will aim to respond with answers from our network: