Moray Chamber of Commerce is delighted to join forces with the military and be part of ChamberFORCE. The military is a big part of our economy in Moray and being able to work closely with them is really rewarding the Chamber. We encourage all businesses to engage with the military and show the commitment through the Armed Forces Covenant.
What is ChamberFORCE?
A partnership programme between selected Chambers of Commerce and local Army, Navy and RAF units, designed to bring tangible business benefits to Chamber members. Moray Chamber of Commerce has already pledged its support by signing the Armed Forces Covenant and has also been awarded Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award
What’s in it for Business?
A few of the many benefits are:
- Access to highly-skilled Service Leavers, Reservists and Veterans to strengthen your workforce either as employees, or on temporary work placements.
- FREE leadership and teamwork training for your staff via a range of military-led activities and challenges. From half day workshops at your place of work, to a full weekend on a training exercise, these activities will develop your staff’s confidence, decision-making and resilience.
- Exclusive invitations to key networking events across the UK, including Land and Air Power Combat Demonstrations, Royal Navy ship visits and sea passages, Military Ceremonial Events and Tri-Service employer visits.
- Fully funded trips overseas with your Reservist employees on exercise during summer or cold weather operations, and a chance to discuss management and leadership strategies.
- FREE media and communications support to raise the profile of your business as an Armed Forces friendly employer across national business networks.
Did you know?
- That the Ministry of Defence (MoD) delivers training worth over £8,000 to every Reservist, every year? This makes Reservists on your workforce multi-skilled and highly adaptable, at no cost to your Business.
- That SME’s can claim up to £500 a month if their Reservist is mobilised, along with up to £2,000 worth of training costs and additional salary costs if needed.
- That employers have found having a Reservist on the workforce acts as a positive role model to younger members of staff, impacting positively on colleagues and productivity.
To read about the experience of Reservist Simon Cole, a Squadron Leader with 602 (City of Glasgow) based in Glasgow and an Operations Manager at Dogfi.sh Mobile, CLICK HERE
How do I find out more?
To find out how to get involved with ChamberFORCE, contact Highland Reserve Forces’ and Cadets’ Association’s Regional Employer Engagement Directors.
Call Michelle McKearnon on 01382 631026 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.