Complete the PERCEPTION SURVEY
Moray Council has secured funding to invest in improving town centres over the next three years. The council is keen on gauging the community's perceptions of town centres. The objective is to grasp the evolving perspectives of residents over time, ensuring that future improvements align with the needs and expectations of the community. This intends to be the first of an annual survey.
Participation in this survey is crucial, and the council anticipates that it will require no more than 5 minutes of respondents' time. If individuals wish to share their insights for multiple town centres, it is kindly requested to fill out a separate survey for each one.
Grant Scheme Launched
The Town Centre Capital Grant Scheme has now been launched and is open for applications that meet the following criteria in Aberlour, Buckie, Dufftown, Elgin, Forres, Keith and Lossiemouth:
- Transforming Empty Space (eg converting empty property into residential* or business space within a Town Centre)
- Support businesses to relocate to an alternative vacant property (increasing or decreasing capacity) within a Town Centre
- To support sub-division or expansion of existing buildings within a Town Centre (eg split one large shop into two smaller shops or expansion of current premises)
- To support new business start-up within a Town Centre
- To support businesses to make improvements to shopfronts, properties, signage (eg heritage signage on walls and lanes) and lighting (eg decorative and security lighting) within a Town Centre to improve the attractiveness of the business and encourage people to shop local and to create greater footfall
The scheme offers grants of up to 50% of the eligible costs so the grant awarded would be up to a maximum of £50,000 or 50% of the eligible costs, whichever is the lesser amount, therefore match-funding of at least 50% will be required from the property owner or tenant.
Further details and the application form for the scheme can be viewed here.
The deadline for applications is 8th January 2024. (once completed please make sure you save this form onto your computer) and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Strategic Planning and Development, Room 207A, Moray Council HQ, High St, Elgin, Moray, IV30 1BX by Monday 08 January 2024.
It is anticipated that a further Town Centre Capital Grant Scheme will be published in the next financial year (2024/2025)
Town Centres Development Manager Appointed
Moray Chamber of Commerce is thrilled to announce and extend a warm welcome to Anna Rogers, who has recently joined the team as our Town Centres Development Manager. Anna brings with her a wealth of experience and enthusiasm for community engagement and business acumen.
Anna will be working on behalf of the Town Centres Task Force to support the improvement and regeneration of Moray's Town Centres. Her role will be pivotal in fostering collaboration and driving initiatives that enhance the vibrancy and sustainability of our local town centres.
Sarah Medcraf CE of Moray Chamber of Commerce said: “I am delighted Anna has joined this journey to support with improving Moray. Her experience, knowledge and connections make her perfect for this role and her already infectious positive attitude will encourage change.”
The Town Centres Task Force aims to improve living, working, and visiting in Moray’s main towns – Aberlour, Buckie, Dufftown, Elgin, Forres, Keith & Lossiemouth. Moray Chamber of Commerce encourages all members and town centre businesses to reach out and welcome Anna.
Let's work together to make Moray's Town Centres even more vibrant and prosperous.