Elgin-based Ness Publishing is planning to produce a photographic book of the town and would like to enlist the help of Elgin folk by inviting them to submit their favourite photos of our town for potential inclusion in the book!
The book will be in the same style as Ness Publishing’s highly successful Picturing Scotland
series which has a book for every part of Scotland, including Moray-Speyside. See nesspublishing.co.uk/picturing-scotland/moray
The aim of the book is to show off Elgin in all its present-day glory, largely for the purpose of helping to promote it as a must-see destination for tourists and visitors. So the book will use contemporary photographs from Ness Publishing’s collection, but they would like to feature some images by locals so as to illustrate your favourite views of Elgin, or that show what Elgin means to you.
And on the subject of promoting the town, they also see the book as providing the people of Elgin with a means of playing their part in that objective: it will make a great gift to send to those far-flung friends and relatives that will show them it’s high time they paid a visit!
Pictures can be taken on any digital device but please note the following pointers:
- take your pictures at a high-quality setting so as to produce a picture of at least 3MB
- ideally a file size of 5MB+
- maximum file size of 10MB.
- Images with a larger file size: please re-size down to 10MB before sending
- the format of the book will be ‘landscape’ – wider than it’s high
- email the pictures or submit via their website (nesspublishing.co.uk)
- choice of pictures is entirely at the discretion of Ness Publishing
- they can’t pay fees for reproducing submitted pictures, but two free copies of the book will be supplied to those whose pictures are featured
- all pictures submitted should be taken within the town boundaries
- it is hoped to publish the book in spring 2020